Dylan's kindergarten every week spotlight's one the kids and the week before Dylan's birthday was his turn. Dave and I (and Malaia) came into the classroom and told the class about Dylan and his interests. Dylan read them one of his favorite books and then we answered all kinds of questions that the kids had about Dylan. We also brought in this poster all about Dylan. This is the first of many school projects Dylan will have to do in the coming years, I'm sure.
At school on his birthday, they sang Happy Birthday to him and he got a crown and notebook and pencil.
After school, I took him to Baskin Robbins to get his free birthday ice cream cone. I remember that being one of my favorite things about my birthday....luckily now you can still get a free cone as an adult....so yup I got my free strawberry cheesecake birthday cone in January! I tried to get Dylan to get the same flavor that I did but nope he picked chocolate chip ice cream. Still a good one, though! He was nice enough to share some with his mom.
We got Dylan a new bike his year for his birthday since he's other one is falling apart and getting too small. We had it hide in the storage room all week and luckily he never saw it. Dave and Dylan played a game of basketball in his room and I got the bike out. Dylan was very surprised to come out of his room to see a bike sitting in the living room!
He HAD to take it out right away to try it out! He had lots of fun riding and everyday he asks to ride his bike now. I just hope the weather gets warmer and stays warmer soon, so we don't have to wear our coats!
No comments:
Post a Comment